In December (yea, as in last YEAR), I decided that I wanted to make a cover for my camera strap.
I saw them all over the "blogosphere" and figured they couldn't be too difficult to make. I even gave my sister one for Christmas. Actually, I gave her an IOU coupon for one since I didn't have any made in time for Christmas!
Fast forward 6 months (ridiculous) to this summer, and I finally make the time to sew a few strap covers. They were fun to sew, and didn't take too terribly long either.
The ones without the ruffles took less than a half hour each, including the cutting, ironing, and sewing. The ones with the ruffles took closer to an hour. I roughly followed tutorials from here and here.
The one above was nice because the ruffles are actually ribbon from Hobby Lobby. Time saver! I also bought some wide grosgrain ribbon to try as an accent... whenever I get around to making more.
I gave away a few of them, but still have a few to switch out on my own camera. Fun! Next up on the sewing table: roman shades for the french doors, a window valance for a friend's classroom, and some sort of window treatments for the office. Maybe a couple of new pillows, too. Sew fun :)