Thursday, June 30, 2011

Fan of Sea Fans

A couple of months ago, during one of our fairly regular stops at Home Goods, Mom and I spotted something VERY exciting.  Sea fans!




Well, not that exact sea fan, but 3 different pairs of matching sea fans. !!  I've been looking for sea fans to frame for a couple of years now (I could have ordered some online, but never found the right ones for the right price), so you can imagine my excitement when they were just sitting on the shelf.  Mom bought two large white/beige-colored fans, and I got two smaller yellow ones for just $5.99 each!


We finally went to Ikea to get frames this past weekend.  We also picked up some fabric for the background of our frames while we were there.



As soon as we bought them, I knew right away that I wanted to hang them on either side of the window in our breakfast nook.  Our pendant light has a similar accent color in it, so I was hoping it would work perfectly.  After replacing the mats with fabric-wrapped poster board, I just stuck the sea fans in what looked like the middle of the frame, put it all back together, and voila!


So much better than the bare naked walls (as seen below, obviously in the winter). 


I love it.  Eventually we'll do something to the long wall on the right, too... maybe a white plate wall?  My (very) long-term plan is to try to do a banquette under the bay windows and move the table and light over, and have some type of sideboard/buffet along the wall on the right.  We'll see! 

sea fan picture from mexfish.com

3 comments:

  1. I like your paint color & new artwork... very crisp & clean!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan!

    I'm your newest follower. I just came across your blog via another teaching blog and wow, do we have a lot in common! My husband and I have been married for 2 years, have a new house (an OLD new house..!) and I teach Kindergarten, too! Come by and visit sometime!

    Megan @ http://coffeypartyof3.blogspot.com/

    (oh! and our names are the same!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously why am i just now finding your blog?!?! how come you never told me silly!! so glad i now know!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lena